5 Tips for Museum Selfiescvandeenevadaculture
In honor of Museum Selfie Day (01/18/2017), the staff at NSMLV has compiled very serious and helpful tips to make sure you get the most out of your selfies.
Museums are stuffy places of great dignity and photos should reflect that time-honored tradition. Museum selfies are a fun way to become part of the story and to share your experiences with your friends. In fact, curators take museum selfies almost every day. We want to see your selfies!
You can celebrate museum selfie day by posting your selfies on social media using the hashtags #museumselfie and #nsmlv. We will repost our favorites on twitter, instagram, or facebook. You can use these tips to help take good selfies.
1. Be aware of your surroundings. Much like HBO programs, some exhibits may be frightening for younger or more sensitive visitors.
2. Make sure your hair doesn’t match the exhibit. This selfie in front of the showgirl wall didn’t really work out.
3. Avoid shots that make it look like something is growing out of your head. (Well, unless that’s what you want).
4. Double-check your props. This is especially difficult when dealing with ancient technology. When in doubt, ask a curator.
5. Watch out for creepy photobombers. They are a real problem in museums. You never know if you’ll get a ghost, mammoth, or curator in your selfies.
Download the complete infographic here: